Linear guides need a sufficient lubricant supply, like any rolling bearing. In principle, both grease and oil lubrication are possible. Lubricants reduce wear, protect against dirt, prevent corrosion and extend the service life due to their properties. Dirt can accumulate and deposit on the unsecured profile rails. These impurities must be removed regularly.
For grease lubrication, we recommend greases according to DIN 51825:
- For normal loads - K2K
- For higher loads (C / P< 15) - KP2K of consistency class NGLI 2 according to DIN 51818
The frequency of top-up lubrication is very much dependent on the loads and environmental conditions. Environmental influences as well as high loads, vibrations and contamination shorten the lubrication intervals. In clean environments and with low loads, the lubrication intervals can be extended. Lubrication should take place after working around 100 km.
- BEACON EP1, Fa. ESSO
- Microlube GB0, (KP 0 N-20), Staburags NBU8EP, Isofl ex Spezial, Fa. KLÜBER
- Optimol Longtime PD0, PD1 or PD2 depending on the application temperature, Fa. OPTIMOL
- Receipt EP1, (KP 1 N-30), Fa. DEA
- Multifak EP1, Fa. TEXACO
Before each lubrication, the linear guides must be thoroughly cleaned of old lubricant and contamination.
For cleaning we use:
- Extraction thinner,
- Brake cleaner (brake cleaner),
- Solvent R505,
- other agents for removing grease and oils (may be BIO-degradable).
Lack of proper maintenance significantly increases the wear of the linear guides and may void the warranty.